At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
About Klaviyo New Products team
Klaviyo New Products is the division within Klaviyo focused on building new products adjacent to the core business. Leveraging data, automation, and scale, we aim to deliver powerful and integrated experiences for our customers. This role offers high visibility and impact, providing ample opportunities for professional growth. As a Senior Software Engineer at Klaviyo NP, you will lead a new team and product, defining product architecture, GTM (Go-To-Market) strategy, and shaping the team's culture and values.
Why Join Klaviyo:
- Lead Klaviyo’s next major growth phase by building applications on top of its best-in-breed email and SMS messaging infrastructure.
- Collaborate closely with potential customers to develop solutions for key challenges.
- Autonomy to move swiftly from zero to one and scale products to hundreds of thousands of users.
How You'll Make a Difference:
- Launch new products as part of a small, dynamic team exploring innovative revenue opportunities.
- Take ownership of the mission, technical direction, and operations of projects with immediate impact.
- Enhance your technical skills across various facets, from front-end web development and user experience to machine learning and massively parallelized data pipelines.
- Collaborate with technical product owners, designers, and a product manager, interfacing directly with customers to iterate towards remarkable new products and experiences.
Who You Are:
We are seeking a full-stack engineer with a primary focus on the front-end, possessing experience in Django and React (or other web frameworks in Python / JS) to craft scalable systems. Key qualifications include:
- Proven experience independently crafting best-in-class UI/UX experiences, including custom styling, components, library building, and extension.
- Design and scalability of a build pipeline encompassing modern front-end development best practices.
- Familiarity with fault-tolerant, containerized distributed systems at scale is advantageous.
- Passion for high-quality user experiences and an eye for design is highly desirable.
- Experience running production applications on AWS is a plus.
- Entrepreneurial: Background in launching companies or side projects, accustomed to working quickly and iteratively based on customer feedback.
- Empathetic: Experience in direct customer interaction to enhance product and process.
- Experienced: 5-7+ years of experience with a focus on complex systems.
- Confident: Comfortable setting higher-level technical direction and processes, dealing with ambiguity.
- Curious: You enjoy working with new technologies ranging from the frontend to backend and have deep experience in multiple technology stacks. You show this by having strong opinions and experience with various technologies throughout multiple projects. You know how to pick the right tool for any job.
The pay range for this role is listed below. Sales roles are also eligible for variable compensation and hourly non-exempt roles are eligible for overtime in accordance with applicable law. This role is eligible for benefits, including: medical, dental and vision coverage, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), flexible paid time off and company-paid holidays and a culture of learning that includes a learning allowance and access to a professional coaching service for all employees.
Get to Know Klaviyo
We’re Klaviyo (pronounced clay-vee-oh). We empower creators to own their destiny by making first-party data accessible and actionable like never before. We see limitless potential for the technology we’re developing to nurture personalized experiences in ecommerce and beyond. To reach our goals, we need our own crew of remarkable creators—ambitious and collaborative teammates who stay focused on our north star: delighting our customers. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, where you’ll be welcomed as your whole self from day one and supported with generous benefits, we hope you’ll join us.
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our company takes the security and privacy of job applicants very seriously. We will never ask for payment, bank details, or personal financial information as part of the application process. All our legitimate job postings can be found on our official career site. Please be cautious of job offers that come from non-company email addresses (@klaviyo.com), instant messaging platforms, or unsolicited calls.
You can find our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here .