At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
Why you should join the Mobile Push team
Over the last year the Mobile Push team at Klaviyo have introduced a new messaging channel to the product in the form of push notifications! Over 2024 we plan to expand the team and continue iterating on our available feature set with the adoption of a new form of communication, through in-app messaging.
In support of this, we are building out our Mobile Push Engineering team and looking for additional team members to help with this effort. The team focuses on building products that enable Klaviyo customers to send push notifications to their customers at high scale, while creating the inaugural release for our new highly customizable in-app messaging product feature. This will offer Klaviyo customers with a much more complete product package with the inclusion of a new marketing channel for mobile and help enable the company to secure a new market.
As a member of the Mobile Push team, you will work on extensive greenfield projects with immeasurable business impact. We are looking for a senior software engineer to tackle the additional SDK features we will need to support in-app messaging, creating processes, and working in a highly collaborative team to own end to end projects.
How you’ll make an impac t
- Architect and build mobile SDK’s on both iOS and Android Devices
- Work in the Django framework to help maintain and scale a push sending pipeline.
- Exposure to React for frontend development and adding related UIs
Who you are
- Previous exposure to iOS and Android native development (at least one required). Preferably Swift and Kotlin language experience.
- Helpful to have experience in Python, Django, React and Typescript for core Klaviyo work related to the project (not required)
- Self-starter - As the member of the team, we are looking for someone who can bring an expertise in greenfield mobile development.
- Adaptability - We will be working not just in native SDKs but also backend and frontend Klaviyo stacks, dev tooling and possible expansion into tertiary SDKs in the future.
- Ambition - With the many directions the team could go after the launch of in-app messaging, it’ll be great to have people that can take an idea and have the ambition to headline it in the future.
- Learning - Always learning is a value at Klaviyo and this role will require someone excited to learn new technologies and expose themselves to new approaches
Nice to haves
- Experience in BOTH iOS and Android would be nice but not expected
- Python/Django knowledge
- React/Typescript knowledge
- Experience working in highly scalable systems
- Experience building deployment automation solutions
The pay range for this role is listed below. Sales roles are also eligible for variable compensation and hourly non-exempt roles are eligible for overtime in accordance with applicable law. This role is eligible for benefits, including: medical, dental and vision coverage, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), flexible paid time off and company-paid holidays and a culture of learning that includes a learning allowance and access to a professional coaching service for all employees.
Get to Know Klaviyo
We’re Klaviyo (pronounced clay-vee-oh). We empower creators to own their destiny by making first-party data accessible and actionable like never before. We see limitless potential for the technology we’re developing to nurture personalized experiences in ecommerce and beyond. To reach our goals, we need our own crew of remarkable creators—ambitious and collaborative teammates who stay focused on our north star: delighting our customers. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, where you’ll be welcomed as your whole self from day one and supported with generous benefits, we hope you’ll join us.
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our company takes the security and privacy of job applicants very seriously. We will never ask for payment, bank details, or personal financial information as part of the application process. All our legitimate job postings can be found on our official career site. Please be cautious of job offers that come from non-company email addresses (@klaviyo.com), instant messaging platforms, or unsolicited calls.
You can find our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here .