At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
At Klaviyo, the Strategic Sales team prides themselves on being marketing and product experts. While most companies hire SAs to just give demos, fill out questionnaires, and only explain setups, that makes us yawn. As a Solution Architect for Strategic Sales, you will be responsible for facilitating long term, deep relationships with the prospects to help drive our market-leading position in the owned marketing space.
So what do we do? We work directly with our customers, as technical representatives, to accelerate our relationships with prospects to drive value. We dive deep, build against complex systems, and develop a long term strategy with the Strategic Sales team to ensure long term success. We use these engagements as an opportunity to learn, prototype, and ship meaningful improvements to the Klaviyo experience. We look for interesting problems and aim for solutions that are extensible and reusable.
A few things our team has recently built as part of engagements include: new productized integrations; modular ETL packages; test/demo environments that continuously update with real-time data; and a custom Chrome extension. In short, we are problem-solvers and builders. We believe simple things should be easy and hard things should be possible.
If you’re a creator that gets excited by driving technical success and prototyping new solutions - all within the context of influencing direct strategic sales - this could be for you. What you’ll get in return is the opportunity to be part of an extremely high-performing, strategically-important team that works at the exciting intersection of engineering, sales, and customer engagement.
We are looking for this Solution Architect to be based on the West Coast to support our West Coast customers and sales team. Mountain time or Pacific time zones are preferred.
How You’ll Make a Difference :
- You will be playing a critical role in the training and development of our internal Strategic Sales team as we work to hit Klaviyo’s revenue targets.
- You will work as a liaison between SAs within our organization (Customer Success, Customer Growth, Partnerships).
- Become a complete expert in the Klaviyo experience, from understanding the data pipelines and code base of our integrations to understanding technical tradeoffs between different implementations.
- Be the go-to internal technical resource, educating team members as well as prospects/customers to provide a consistently positive Klaviyo experience.
- Develop and maintain personal relationships during engagements across many different prospects simultaneously.
- Act with urgency and precision to give users best in class support in troubleshooting issues as they arise.
- Effectively balance a range of core functions in support of constantly striving to help increase the output and efficiency of Klaviyo.
- Be a voice of our emerging customer needs while working closely with our Developer Experience team and Product teams.
- Solve problems manually as needed and automate future solutions and/or collaborate with Product and Engineering to proactively improve the Klaviyo product over time.
Who You Are :
- Proven ability to track, and learn from, the ever-changing technical landscape and incorporate modern, optimized solutions to high-value problems.
- Impress prospects at any level, from executive to developer with the capability to persuade technical stakeholders.
- Make and meet commitments.
- 3+ years in a role leading technical, project-based teams, ideally within a high growth SaaS company
- Embrace failure as an opportunity to improve
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com .
If you are a California, Colorado, Rhode Island, Washington, New York City, or Jersey City resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Requests can be submitted here . Additional information regarding benefits can be found at klaviyorewards.com .
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.