At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
Deliverability & Compliance are core pillars to our customers’s success in delivering the right messages to the right people at the right time. The SMS Operations & Compliance Consultants.. They provide technical deliverability support to our customers by root causing SMS filtering issues and providing solutions. They monitor for and address compliance issues to protect the integrity of our reputation. SMS Operations & Compliance Consultants ensure that Klaviyo and our customers are always up to date with the most recent Mobile industry laws and regulations.
We are looking for a SMS Operations & Compliance Consultant who is passionate about providing the best support to customers who are getting started with Klaviyo SMS through efficient application management and demystifying SMS delivery.
How you will make a difference..
- Drive the short code application process for customers to ensure a timely go-live.
- Be a subject matter expert on AU and NZ market requirements for SMS number types and guide our customers and internal stakeholders through the setup process
- Establish and maintain documentation such as delivery best practices, compliance and playbooks to support repeatability as we expand and onboard new markets and new SMS partners
- Identify and rectify data, process, and technology issues through monitoring of our operations
- Adapt and improve workflows as we scale our SMS business
- Provide SMS/MMS delivery and compliance support to our customers and our internal teams
- Manage SMS partners to achieve timely resolutions for customers
- Assist customers with blockers, complaints, and issues with carriers
- Take an active role in thought leadership through writing blogs, articles, and participating in webinars
- Partner with cross-functional teams to improve efficiency, process, and performance to accelerate achievement of Klaviyo’s business goals
Who you are…
- You are a strategic thinker who excels in execution, establishing priorities and meeting swift deadlines in a rapidly changing environment.
- You are proactive and self-motivated to identify and solve problems; you’re comfortable with a high degree of responsibility and autonomy.
- You’re capable of learning quickly and mastering complicated systems and manual processes.
- You’re empathetic and customer-first.
- Your attention to detail and accuracy is evident in all that you do.
- You’re process-oriented and enjoy the clarity of well documented processes and best practices that bring structure to chaos.
- You’re comfortable working independently and with multiple internal teams, as well as building/maintaining relationships with cross functional and geographically dispersed teams.
- You are energized by supporting teammates in achieving mutual goals; you have a passion for driving measurable impact in a dynamic environment.
- You want to help our Sales, Support and Success teams build the path to scale.
- You strive to communicate brilliantly whether it’s in a meeting, an email, a slide deck, or a financial model.
What you have…
- 2-3 years or equivalent experience in an operations role at a tech company with a technical product
- Excellent communication skills, able to work with, influence and align with multiple stakeholders
- A desire to be hands-on in your daily work and drive accuracy through personal performance
- Excel expertise (e.g. vlookup, sumifs, table formulas)
- Experience modeling complex problems, both conceptually and tactically (spreadsheets, analysis tools, visualization)
- Extensive knowledge of SMS and MMS related technologies and regulations, including alphanumeric code provisioning, number porting, aggregator rules, application provider processes, differences in carrier regulations, and the overall security threat landscape
What would be a bonus
- Experience with SMS/MMS sending for a third party like Twillio and ZipWhip
- Project management experience
- Basic understanding of email-related technologies, including SMTP, DNS, FBLs, authentication, bounce types, email abuse, spam and security threat landscape
- Has an understanding of email deliverability concepts and best practices
- Technical Writing/Blogging and Training Experience
- Familiarity with Python, SQL, Command Line, GitHub, CRM applications (such as Salesforce.com)
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com .
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Requests can be submitted here . Additional information regarding benefits can be found here .
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.