At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
Klaviyo operates a real-time data analytics platform coded primarily in Python that is built for massive scale and hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS). Engineers come to Klaviyo with experience in a variety of languages and from a number of disciplines.
The Intelligence Pillar is responsible for building products that leverage AI, Machine Learning, and Applied Statistics that make data useful to our customers. We build the engineering systems for our machine learning and statistical models that power our optimization, personalization, and reporting products, allowing customers to understand and and action on their data to drive outcomes for their business. Our team is full stack and multi-disciplinary, responsible for the UI which makes our models understandable and explainable, the back end systems that process and serve data, and the data science algorithms that create value for our customers.
As an engineer in the Intelligence Pillar, you can expect to be deeply involved in the technical discussions on how we access, personalize, and display data in the Klaviyo application. You'll have ownership of projects that contribute to our team's mission, goals, and roadmap. You'll collaborate with peers in product, design, and data science. You'll build product and technical strategy to deliver products that make it easy for users to understand their data and performance. Your tech stack will include Python, Typescript, React, AWS, Kubernetes, Django, and Spark.
How You Will Make A Difference
- Deliver key product capabilities in the Intelligence area to evolve the Klaviyo platform to leverage AI, Machine Learning and Applied Statistics to solve customer problems
- Work with data volumes representing several orders of magnitude to deliver experiences that provide value to our smallest as well as largest customers
- Work on top level company initiatives with high visibility across the company
- Work cross functionally with product, design, and data science
- Have ample opportunities for growth
Who You Are
- 2+ years experience working in a SaaS product in full stack capacity
- Track record of building for quality and precision
- Strong in communication skills and drive to collaborate
- Comfortable with operating with ambiguity in an unexplored space
- Excited to learn and understand data science, AI, and Machine Learning in addition to full stack engineering
Get to Know Klaviyo
We’re Klaviyo (pronounced clay-vee-oh). We empower creators to own their destiny by making first-party data accessible and actionable like never before. We see limitless potential for the technology we’re developing to nurture personalized experiences in ecommerce and beyond. To reach our goals, we need our own crew of remarkable creators—ambitious and collaborative teammates who stay focused on our north star: delighting our customers. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, where you’ll be welcomed as your whole self from day one and supported with generous benefits, we hope you’ll join us.
Upon request, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role. Requests can be submitted here . Additional information regarding benefits can be found at klaviyorewards.com .
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
You can find our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here .