At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
Solution Architect - Customer Success & Onboarding
Klaviyo has a unique take on the Solution Architect role. While most companies hire SAs to give demos, fill out questionnaires, and explain basic setups, that makes us yawn. We built a product that anyone can use (just ask our more than 100,000 customers) and we have smart sales reps and customer success colleagues who are true product experts.
So what do we do? We work directly with a small percentage of prospective and existing customers, alongside our sales & customer success teams, as customer-facing engineers to accelerate complex deals and customer value. We use these engagements as an opportunity to learn, prototype, and ship meaningful improvements to the Klaviyo experience. We look for interesting problems and aim for solutions that are extensible and reusable.
A few things our team has recently built as part of sales and customer engagements include: new productised integrations; modular ETL packages; a library of custom functions for importing data via API into Google Sheets; demo environments that continuously receive data in real-time; and a custom Chrome extension. In short, we are problem-solvers and builders. We believe simple things should be easy and hard things should be possible.
If you’re an entrepreneurial builder that gets excited by driving technical success and prototyping new solutions - all within the context of actual customer engagements - this could be for you. What you’ll get in return is the opportunity to be part of an extremely high-performing, strategically-important team that works at the exciting intersection of engineering, sales, and customer success.
This Solution Architect will work specifically with our Customer Success and Onboarding Specialist teams to drive technical success when customers onboard with Klaviyo and become tenured customers.
How You’ll Make a Difference:
- Become a complete expert in the Klaviyo app, from understanding the data pipelines and code base of our integrations to understanding technical tradeoffs between different implementations.
- Solve problems manually first and then either automate future solutions and/or collaborate with Product and Engineering to proactively improve the Klaviyo product and customer experience over time.
- Be the go-to internal technical resource, educating team members as well as prospects/customers to provide a consistently positive Klaviyo experience.
- Develop and maintain personal relationships during engagements across many different customers simultaneously.
- Act with urgency and precision to give users best in class support in troubleshooting issues as they arise.
- Effectively balance a range of core functions in support of constantly striving to help increase the output and efficiency of Klaviyo.
Who You Are:
- Applied experience with a web app development framework (e.g. React, Node, Angular, Vue, etc.) and/or with a general-purpose programming language (e.g. Python, Ruby, PHP, etc.).
- Proven ability to learn new programming languages and technical concepts.
- Highly analytical thought process and are an excellent communicator with the capability to persuade technical stakeholders.
- An interest in - and ability to - hustle in a fast-paced environment. Someone who makes and meets commitments.
- Eligibility to work in Australia without restrictions
Who We Are:
Klaviyo is a leading marketing platform that helps eCommerce store owners deliver a more personalised experience for their customers. Klaviyo has helped brands across the world make more than $3.7 billion in revenue in the last year alone. It has never been easier to create deeper, higher-value customer relationships, which is why an average of 67 brands move to Klaviyo every day.
As an organisation, we approach challenges with humility, radical collaboration, take ownership of our contributions, and embrace a growth mindset that pushes us to be remarkable each day.
Klaviyo’s Commitment to Diversity Equity & Inclusion (DEI): Klaviyo believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.
As part of the Klaviyo team you will be looked after with some great benefits, including private health cover for you and discounted for your household, financial and professional coaching, a generous annual learning allowance ($4.2k AUSD), 22 weeks maternity leave full pay primary caregiver leave (16 week secondary), unlimited holiday and free books (yes, any books!) to name a few.
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com .
If you are a Colorado or New York City resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Requests can be submitted here . Additional information regarding benefits can be found here .
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.