At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
About the team
Klaviyo Email Platform teams are focused on delivering and inboxing the most effective email conversations that drive impact for our customers. Our solutions connect with customers and generate enduring revenue. Email Platform teams work cross-functionally and enable our peers across Support, Engineering, Product, and Sales functions to empower our customers to reach new levels of engagement and brand loyalty.
About the role
As a Deliverability & Operations Manager you will be focused on partnering with a diverse cross-functional set of peers to achieve optimal Email deliverability, inboxing, and engagement metrics. You’ll work closely with your peers to help define the future of our Email Platform and be responsible for a team of professionals ensuring ongoing adjustments and operational excellence.
How you’ll have an impact
At Klaviyo you’ll:
- Manage and develop a team of Email Operations and Deliverability experts.
- Define, socialize, and measure key deliverability metrics across the platform.
- Identify new features and other changes that will improve customer deliverability & inboxing. Partner with the Product and Engineering teams to define, prioritize, and bring these to customers.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for email deliverability across research and development
- Ensure smooth, consistent, and repeatable ongoing operations practices.
- Partner with our Deliverability Support teams to resolve customer issues and identify prevention methods.
What we’re looking for
- A seasoned Email and Deliverability expert. Knowledge as to what it takes to not only send an email but have it show up in the inbox for the intended audience.
- Deep understanding of DMARC, DKIM, and SPF
- Experience working with Email at scale
- Familiarity with observability systems & visualization of complex data patterns
- Managing both remote and office based direct reports
Nice to have
- Mobile environment deliverability expertise. SMS & Push.
- Programming experience - Python, Django, & Go.
- Familiarity working with compliance and abuse prevention teams and tooling
*This job is open to remote candidates in the United States.
The pay range for this role is listed below. Sales roles are also eligible for variable compensation and hourly non-exempt roles are eligible for overtime in accordance with applicable law. This role is eligible for benefits, including: medical, dental and vision coverage, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), flexible paid time off and company-paid holidays and a culture of learning that includes a learning allowance and access to a professional coaching service for all employees.
Get to Know Klaviyo
We’re Klaviyo (pronounced clay-vee-oh). We empower creators to own their destiny by making first-party data accessible and actionable like never before. We see limitless potential for the technology we’re developing to nurture personalized experiences in ecommerce and beyond. To reach our goals, we need our own crew of remarkable creators—ambitious and collaborative teammates who stay focused on our north star: delighting our customers. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, where you’ll be welcomed as your whole self from day one and supported with generous benefits, we hope you’ll join us.
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our company takes the security and privacy of job applicants very seriously. We will never ask for payment, bank details, or personal financial information as part of the application process. All our legitimate job postings can be found on our official career site. Please be cautious of job offers that come from non-company email addresses (@klaviyo.com), instant messaging platforms, or unsolicited calls.
You can find our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here .