At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
The Customer Success Management team is key to driving the success of our customers through accelerating product use and value and by helping them better achieve their business outcomes. The Sr. Di rector Customer Success At-Scale works across success programs to define and execute effective, scalable customer engagement and enablement strategies to help digital, small and mid-sized businesses be successful with Klaviyo. These strategies and experiences will drive increases in customer adoption and usage of Klaviyo across segments and markets, supporting our strategic imperative to accelerate customer value and growth.
The Sr Director Customer Success At-Scale works closely with the Product, Marketing and Sales organizations to develop the customer orchestration strategy and motions that meet the needs of our customers at different points of their post-sale journey; at-Scale. Using a combination of strategic marketing communications, web, community and in-product as well as user experience best practices, the Sr Director Customer Success At-Scale builds and executes an omni-channel approach that motivates, encourages and reinforces customers to learn and adopt using self-service tools and resources. This person is responsible for driving an engagement model that keeps customers involved and engaged with Klaviyo. This person uses key data sources to report out results and effectiveness as well as to help adjust and modify solutions and key touchpoints in the customer journey on-line. With a 1:Many approach, it is imperative that this role builds a robust, value-based set of tech touch/in product experiences where customers want to engage and participate. The Sr Director Customer Success At-Scale will work with the Voice of Customer, Marketing, Customer Education, Customer Success Management, On-Boarding as well as the CS Operations and Analytics teams to identify key areas across their programs to innovate to improve the scalability, proactive and predictive nature of these programs. They will also drive more consistency of customer experience globally. These initiatives will apply not only to the teams’ programs, but to how these programs connect with other Go-To-Market and Product team initiatives. Success will mean working in partnership with Success, Marketing, Sales, Product, and Operations.
Measures of Success:
Result #1: Product and feature usage
Result #2: Meet/Exceed target NNMRR (upsell and expansion)
Result #3:Customer time to value (KAV) and Growth
- Lead the strategy, design and vision of At-Scale experiences
- Leveraging internal and external data-driven insights, product usage data, and customer intelligence, the Sr Director Customer Success At-Scale i dentifies ways to improve the way that 1:many programs effectively predict and proactively reach out to customers at the right time in their journey, and apply these approaches.
- Based on customer insights, identify new initiatives to apply across one-to-many programs that accelerate customer adoptionAt-Scale.
- Work closely with product and success teams to define a more cohesive customer experience to better tie together in-product and out of product touchpoints that support the same customer outcome.
- Participate in account planning to identify appropriate adoption strategies & campaigns that support growth objectives.
- Provide adoption-related insights to ongoing MBR’s, business reviews, and account renewals.
- Use market-based analytics and customer data to identify/modify new customer segmentations and build more personalized and predictive approaches that reach customers as they have a specific need or behavior.
- Develop a strategy for incorporating partners, based on segmentation into the customer adoption program model.
- Develop the customer experience approach and tooling, in partnership with the product team, that integrates in-product and out-of-product elements to create seamless customer journeys that help them achieve specific outcomes with the product. Think customer experience center.
- Through effective one-to-many customer engagement strategies, the Sr Director Customer Success At-Scale identifies and positions effective enablement resources that develop new capabilities, and encourage product / feature usage, particularly in Growth, SMB and Mid-market account portfolios,
- Use analytics and data to evaluate effectiveness, drive changes, identify enhancements and new programs.
- Develop and align to strategic marketing and outreach programs to support the customer journey. Use a diversified marketing playbook and leverage an omni-channel approach.
- Align to and work with the larger marketing organization to leverage economies of scale and integrate into appropriate messaging and marketing programs and efforts. Leverage marketing operations to support the approach.
- Cross-Functional acumen to navigate and work in a highly matrixed environment
- Ability to lead and influence beyond direct organization and into other areas of the business
- Experience working with data and analytics to build and execute strategies
- Experience with data analysis models, techniques, and platforms, to interpret and apply customer intelligence
- Knowledge of Marketing operations and or experience
- Superior communication skills to create and convey customer objectives, success strategies, and customer insights for internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in scalable technology adoption strategies for midsize / SMB customers
- +10 years of Customer Success At-Scale and/or Customer CX experience with a preference with experience in predictive, personalized omni-channel programs that operatedAt-Scale.
- 3-5 years experience developing customer experiences across the journey leveraging resources and capabilities from both the product and customer success organizations;
- 3-5 years of content development/resourcing to support the CX
- 5+ years of experience in a related SaaS customer success org inAt-Scale, professional services, and/or an account management capacity.
- 5+ years of leading teams including managing managers
- Experience in developing customer journey maps and/or mapping customer experiences Experience or knowledge in Brand or Content Marketing in a nice to have
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com .
If you are a Colorado or New York City resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Requests can be submitted here . Additional information regarding benefits can be found here .
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.