At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
About the role:
Klaviyo is looking for a Staff Accountant who will be a key contributor to the Corporate Accounting team. This position will report to the Accounting Manager and involve frequent interaction and coordination with colleagues in the FP&A, Procurement, Billing functions, , Compliance, HR, and other operations teams to ensure appropriate accounting treatment and classification. As a part of the Accounting Team, you will drive corporate accounting functions, including assisting with general ledger accounting and reporting, preparing journal entries and account reconciliations, annual reporting functions, and accounting analysis.
How you’ll have an impact:
- Drive and support the month end close process, including preparing relevant journal entries, performing balance sheet and P&L account reconciliations, and performing account analysis on period over period account fluctuations.
- Ensure general ledger appropriately reflects all financial transactions in accordance with GAAP.
- Participate in various accounting system automation and enhancement projects to promote more timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Collaborate with FP&A to ensure a complete and accurate month-end close.
- Support the external audit firm with year-end audit requests and with other ongoing audit requirements.
- Assist with ad hoc projects as they arise.
What you'll bring to the table:
- Advanced Excel capabilities required; experience with ERP tools a plus.
- Ability to identify errors and root causes of errors and develop workable solutions or alternatives to avoid errors going forward.
- Ability to continuously improve reporting processes and tools and manage projects to promote system improvements and efficiencies.
- Understand various service/product offerings to ensure proper accounting treatment.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to interact with and build productive working relationships across all organizational levels and departments.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 1-3 years of experience in accounting related roles, preferably in technology or SaaS industries.
- CPA experience and Big Four public accounting experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products, particularly intermediate to advanced Excel capabilities.
Get to Know Klaviyo
We’re Klaviyo (pronounced clay-vee-oh). We empower creators to own their destiny by making first-party data accessible and actionable like never before. We see limitless potential for the technology we’re developing to nurture personalized experiences in ecommerce and beyond. To reach our goals, we need our own crew of remarkable creators—ambitious and collaborative teammates who stay focused on our north star: delighting our customers. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, where you’ll be welcomed as your whole self from day one and supported with generous benefits, we hope you’ll join us.
Upon request, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role. Requests can be submitted here . Additional information regarding benefits can be found at klaviyorewards.com .
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
You can find our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here .