At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
As a Strategic Account Executive, you will leverage your seasoned sales acumen, process, and interpersonal skills to land and expand a portfolio of key strategic, upmarket accounts. Your responsibilities will span from deep qualification, long term strategic planning, product demonstration, and driving the purchasing process to a successful close.
- Land and expand a Named Account Territory and be a key participant in Klaviyo’s effort to expand upmarket
- Demonstrate a strong business case for Klaviyo through a consultative and value-driven sales process
- Work complex accounts that require legal modifications, RFP and ROI reports, security assessments, and workback plans
- Collaborate cross functionally to coordinate resources throughout the sales cycle
- Work closely and effectively with CSMs/Renewal Reps to grow our top accounts
- Collaborate strategically with a BDR to build pipeline via outbound effort
- Deliver presentations to a wide audience of potential buyers including C-level executives and executive sponsors, in both in-person and virtual environments
- Maintain accurate Salesforce hygiene and opportunity forecasting
- Work strategically with management to identify trends and challenges, and provide recommended solutions
- Exhibit Klaviyo’s company values of always putting our customers first and being an owner as well as our sales tenets of delivering a differentiated experience and being a consultant
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Results-driven and self-motivated, with a commitment to achieving and exceeding sales targets.
- Track record of landing and expanding large enterprise and/or named accounts
- Experience selling to VP, C-level executives, & buying teams
- Experience tailoring a multi-product package to meet customer needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative, critical thinker, naturally curious, ambitious, and team oriented
- Proven ability to account map and hunt new logos within large parent companies
Education and Experience:
- 7+ years of quota-carrying experience preferably within SaaS or MarTech
- 4+ years experience selling into the enterprise space
- Proven track record of working cross-functionally
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience, a Bachelor’s degree or above a plus.
The pay range for this role is listed below. Sales roles are also eligible for variable compensation and hourly non-exempt roles are eligible for overtime in accordance with applicable law. This role is eligible for benefits, including: medical, dental and vision coverage, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), flexible paid time off and company-paid holidays and a culture of learning that includes a learning allowance and access to a professional coaching service for all employees.
Get to Know Klaviyo
We’re Klaviyo (pronounced clay-vee-oh). We empower creators to own their destiny by making first-party data accessible and actionable like never before. We see limitless potential for the technology we’re developing to nurture personalized experiences in ecommerce and beyond. To reach our goals, we need our own crew of remarkable creators—ambitious and collaborative teammates who stay focused on our north star: delighting our customers. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, where you’ll be welcomed as your whole self from day one and supported with generous benefits, we hope you’ll join us.
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our company takes the security and privacy of job applicants very seriously. We will never ask for payment, bank details, or personal financial information as part of the application process. All our legitimate job postings can be found on our official career site. Please be cautious of job offers that come from non-company email addresses (@klaviyo.com), instant messaging platforms, or unsolicited calls.
You can find our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here .