At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
As a Strategic Customer Success Manager (CSM) you are a strategic thought leader in supporting our highest value customers through high touch, proactive strategic consulting. You serve as an advocate and partner to Klaviyo’s most strategic customers, combining marketing strategic guidance, technical aptitude and experienced business acumen to advise on core functionality, features and use cases beyond the fundamentals to support a customer’s specific business results and help them to achieve maximum value with Klaviyo. You have a deep understanding of the enterprise-level customer expectations, challenges and needs, acting as a trusted advisor to your customers advocating for them internally while also challenging their current strategies utilizing data, insights and industry knowledge to reinforce your recommendations. You have a solid understanding of customer success principles, excellent communication skills, and a proven track record of managing complex customer relationships in an enterprise environment.
As a Strategic CSM you will manage a book of business of approximately 10 accounts and align closely with executives and key cross-functional stakeholders on challenges and business goals to help set customers - and the business - up for long-term growth and success.You will partner with key stakeholders across the business including Product, Solution Architects, Onboarding Specialists, and Support to drive customer outcomes, growth and mitigate any risk. In addition, you will be expected to proactively share insights via internal executive business reviews on an ongoing basis to provide ongoing visibility to Klaviyo leadership around customer sentiment, successes, challenges and risk.
As part of our customer success-focused, results-driven organization, you will be responsible for driving sustainable, long-term customer value and measured on your team’s Net Revenue Retention, Net Upgrade, Gross Churn and customer satisfaction
In this role you will
- Manage a book of business of Klaviyo’s top customers
- Create prescriptive and customized customer success plans based on customers goals & challenges, holding customers accountable to driving action, and reporting impact to all levels within the customers organization
- Analyze usage patterns to provide proactive insights and guidance and recommend specific solutions to help customers achieve desired outcomes
- Build strong relationships with customers and executives to drive executive stakeholder alignment on both the customer and Klaviyo side
- Lead and plan weekly meetings with Customers while developing onsite cadence with customers for strategic workshops, QGR’s and customer networking
- Conduct regular business reviews with key stakeholders to assess customer health, identify areas for improvement, and provide strategic recommendations
- Work closely with key cross-functional teams, including Onboarding, Solution Architects, Sales, Renewal Management, Partner Success, and Professional Services, to define, develop and execute effective customer adoption strategies
- Partner with the Sales team to identify account expansion opportunities via brand and new product expansion with customized account plans
- Act as an internal advocate for customers, working closely with cross-functional teams to drive customer success and product enhancements.
- Collaboratively involve leadership across the business to drive customer value and decrease churn
- Manage Executive Sponsor Programs and facilitates internal Executive Business Reviews (EBRs) in partnership with Sales
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of our products or services, staying up-to-date with industry trends and best practices.
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of our customer success processes and methodologies
We're looking for people who have
- 10+ years working within an Enterprise Customer Success model
- Served as book of business owner or leader for 8+ years
- Demonstrated success in managing complex customer relationships, achieving customer satisfaction, and driving customer retention and expansion.
- Strong business acumen - experience diving into earnings reports, project planning during change in leadership, identifying macro business trends and upskilling your peers in these areas
- Experience driving a strategic motion, including value propositions, executive planning, outcome based engagements
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to engage and influence stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to navigate through ambiguity and provide effective solutions
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple customer accounts simultaneously, while maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Experience working with CRM systems and customer success tools (e.g., Salesforce, Gainsight)
- Experience with first level technical triage while knowing when to bring in the right stakeholders to dive deeper and drive solutions forward
- Ability to create assets from scratch including marketing, sales and strategy solutions
- Experience working with global procurement leads to negotiate pricing and deal strategy
- Possess a passion for technology and a willingness to continuously learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Operate as a team player with a collaborative mindset and the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
The pay range for this role is listed below. Sales roles are also eligible for variable compensation and hourly non-exempt roles are eligible for overtime in accordance with applicable law. This role is eligible for benefits, including: medical, dental and vision coverage, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), flexible paid time off and company-paid holidays and a culture of learning that includes a learning allowance and access to a professional coaching service for all employees.
Get to Know Klaviyo
We’re Klaviyo (pronounced clay-vee-oh). We empower creators to own their destiny by making first-party data accessible and actionable like never before. We see limitless potential for the technology we’re developing to nurture personalized experiences in ecommerce and beyond. To reach our goals, we need our own crew of remarkable creators—ambitious and collaborative teammates who stay focused on our north star: delighting our customers. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, where you’ll be welcomed as your whole self from day one and supported with generous benefits, we hope you’ll join us.
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our company takes the security and privacy of job applicants very seriously. We will never ask for payment, bank details, or personal financial information as part of the application process. All our legitimate job postings can be found on our official career site. Please be cautious of job offers that come from non-company email addresses (@klaviyo.com), instant messaging platforms, or unsolicited calls.
You can find our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here .