At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
About the role
We are looking for a Tax Manager to scale the tax function of the Company, manage tax compliance and reporting, and contribute to the overall tax strategy and planning. The ideal candidate will have a breadth of experience in different areas of tax as well as working knowledge in corporate tax technical areas. The ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment is critical. The Tax Manager will report to the Director of Tax and collaborate with members of the finance team. This position is remote.
How you'll make a difference
- Manage external tax service providers and drive information gathering for federal and state corporate income/franchise tax returns and international tax returns
- Assist with review of direct and indirect tax compliance filings
- Partner with external tax service providers and assist with review of tax provision and income tax disclosure for financial statements
- Prepare intercompany transaction related calculations and ensure compliance with transfer pricing documentation
- Prepare month end direct/indirect tax accruals and perform reconciliation of direct and indirect tax general ledger accounts
- Investigate and resolve tax notices/letters from tax authorities
- Support various domestic and international tax research and ad hoc projects
- Identify and assist in development of efficient tax compliance and tax accounting processes and improvement, including automation and implementation of procedural changes and/or processes
- Collaborate with cross functional teams on strategic business initiatives and considerations of tax implications
- Both give and receive meaningful feedback focusing on empathy, curiosity and investment in growth
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree in accounting; master's degree is a plus
- 5+ years of tax experience in a public accounting firm and/or SAAS technology company or equivalent experience
- Experience with corporate tax issues
- Detail oriented, analytical and organized
- Excellent time management skills, ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities and adapt quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com .
If you are a Colorado or New York City resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Requests can be submitted here . Additional information regarding benefits can be found here .
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.