At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
The Vice President, Customer Success - EMEA directly leads the Customer Success and Onboarding organization in EMEA, and has a dotted line responsibility for local Customer Support team. They will act as the key Customer Success executive in the region, reporting directly to the Global Chief Customer Officer and with dotted line accountability to the SVP, International.
Together with key stakeholders in Sales, Partnerships, Marketing, Product, and operations they support the framework, direction and strategy for the Customer Success organization in the region including Customer Success Management, Success-At-Scale, Partner Success Management, Education Services and On-Boarding and Professional Services. The leader will also act as local leadership resource and escalation point for the Support organization.
The leader is responsible for ensuring our customers in the region are well supported, delighted and most importantly achieving value and key business outcomes from the Klaviyo platform. Success will be based on defined key performance metrics and business goals and targets.
This role engages directly with senior leadership, as well as other key stakeholders and provides analysis and perspectives related to the customer experience, customer performance, trends and satisfaction with Klaviyo.
As part of this remit, the leader has a charter and responsibility to create an employee experience and culture that aligns to our Klaviyo values. Cultivating a collaborative, always learning, equitable and ambitious environment where all our employees can thrive and do the best work of their career.
Leadership Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Act as advocate and trusted partner to our customers and partners; represents the voice of the customer for the region.
- Influence product direction and priorities for local customers.
- Meet retention and growth targets established for the region.
- Own the framework that will support growth and scale; establish a strong operating rhythm that supports a structure of governance and oversight.
- Act with the highest integrity and be the example by demonstrating the core values of our business.
- Drive a high performance culture while fostering an equitable and inclusive environment for all members of the team to thrive and grow; be humble, knowledgeable and approachable.
- Act as the senior leader and point of contact to our customers and act as point of escalation in the region; with demonstrated leadership gravitas in critical customer experiences.
- Define the strategy and the execution of it; is comfortable with leading strategically and working in some areas more tactically.
- Lead and execute against the regional business strategy goals and performance measures while aligning to global framework and strategy defined
- Establish a Go-To-Market engagement strategy with local Operations, Sales, Partnerships and Marketing teams to support business growth and targets.
- Own the planning with organizational managers of each business function through clear goal setting, objectives, plans of execution and team metrics. Ensure the goals are clear and cascade to all roles and teams.
- Ensure alignment across the CS segments to attain overall CS objectives.
- Monitor NPS, customer retention and growth data and act on data and results as needed and based on results.
- Influence decisions that have a multi-year impact on Klaviyo and our customers.
- Proactively and successfully partner with People Ops, Business Ops, Marketing, Sales, Finance and Product to achieve shared goals and business objectives.
- Represents the region in monthly and quarterly business reviews and strategy meetings.
- Influence and drive decisions across the CS function, in region.
- Strong and proven global Customer Success leadership and team management experience; has managed managers, scaled teams and facilitated career growth opportunities for direct reports.
- Experience working in a highly matrixed global environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Executive presence and confidence.
- Strong executive level presentation skills and capabilities.
- A track record of collaborating with Sales, Partnerships, Product, Marketing, Business Ops and People Ops to create an exceptional employee and customer experience.
- A balanced and holistic approach to escalation management.
- Strong operational and analytical capabilities.
Education and Experience:
- 15+ years of business experience in a Go-To_Market SaaS environment.
- 10+ years of management and leadership experience within a Customer Success and/or Support in a high growth SaaS company.
- 10+ years experience of direct responsibility and ownership for retention and growth targets in a SaaS organization.
- Marketing, Digital Marketing, Marketing technology experience is a plus.
- A Bachelor's Degree - not essential.
Klaviyo in EMEA : As part of the Klaviyo team you will be looked after with some great benefits locally in EMEA including equity for all, private health cover for you and discounted for your household, financial and professional coaching, a generous annual learning allowance (£2.5k), 22 weeks full pay primary care giver leave (16 week secondary) and free books (yes, any books!) to name a few.
Get to Know Klaviyo
We’re Klaviyo (pronounced clay-vee-oh). We empower creators to own their destiny by making first-party data accessible and actionable like never before. We see limitless potential for the technology we’re developing to nurture personalized experiences in ecommerce and beyond. To reach our goals, we need our own crew of remarkable creators—ambitious and collaborative teammates who stay focused on our north star: delighting our customers. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, where you’ll be welcomed as your whole self from day one and supported with generous benefits, we hope you’ll join us.
Upon request, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role. Requests can be submitted here . Additional information regarding benefits can be found at klaviyorewards.com .
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
You can find our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here .